The wild food cruise is a combination of informative wild food course and comfortable sightseeing cruise, put together and with a delicious wild twist. Guide Arto is an expert of wild edible plants, herbs, berries and mushrooms that grow in Finland forests. Arto organizes courses and foraging tours to the nature. Ecoboat is a nature friendly electric boat, and Arto skipper drives us from Puumala harbour to the beautifull archipelago. During cruise Arto makes the wild food course and gives you information about foraging, using of wild edibles and their health benefits. And of course, we admire the great sceneries as we go..
- Learn to identify and to use edible plants, as well as learn their health benefits
- Learn foraging in practice on a field trip
- See and feel a taste of the past at Liehtalanniemi Museum Estate
- See the beatifull landscapes in Puumala archipelago by lake Saimaa
- Ecoboat is the most nature friendly boat and cruising is a pure pleasure
- Your friendly skipper Arto gives you lots of information about wild edible plants in english
- Prepare a wild salad with guide and enjoy it with coffee, tea and sandwiches
- You just might see a rare Saimaa ringed seal too, if you are lucky
- Best service guaranteed
Info Private charter Wild Food Cruise
- When → by preorder during 15.6-30.8. 2021
- Where → departures from Puumala harbour, address: Satamatie, 52200 PUUMALA
- Difficulty → easy, suits well to everybody. Also for lightly disabled persons as they can be helped enter the stairs into boat (wheelchair cannot be taken in boat, however)
- Start → at 08:45-12:45 or 17:00-21:00 . Meeting place by default in Puumala boat harbor, address: Satamatie, 52200 PUUMALA. NOTE: booking goes "on request" and guide will confirm you the time if it is available. If cruise is confirmed, you will get a payment link for advance payment. Early booking is recommended
- Price → 70€/person Minimum fee is 420€ (6 persons).
- Price includes → private wild food cruise 4 hours, guide, ecoboat, coffee tea and snack
- You should bring → outdoor clothing as per the weather. Cabin of the boat is covered and weather-proof.
- Service language → guide speaks english, finnish, french and also some german, a bit of russian
- Note → No pets accepted on board